can we save our youth

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: can we save our youth

Post  feral on Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:57 pm

Parents should set time limits, they sometimes use TV's and computers as babysitters.

Get them out running around, climbing trees etc....everyone is so scared these days of their kids falling or scraping their knees, breaking arms etc....its part of being a kid ffs.  I have lots of scars over me from injuries as a kid and believe me each one has a story lol.

Kids are having health proplems and eye problems not to mention bad posture too, due to being slumped over screens all day!

Take your kids out, even if its just half a hour a day, supervise them and there shouldn't be an issue.

Its a problem that it isn't like the good old days when we could run around and be free with not as many predators as there is now! Even kids  walking to school can be dangerous!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  frazz on Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:05 pm

Ticky wrote:
frazz wrote:
dundee wrote:can we save our youth from the gaming addiction that many have at a young age ...???

and not getting any movement like the old days when there was no game's.........ride bike .....kick a ball with a few mates most parks i see now are empty ghostly like .........

our g/kids are allowed a certain time on puter for games etc (different for school projects)....11 yr old 'alphabet g/son' is a wizard on the puter and gets soooo engrossed that we have to say - OI mate get off and piss off outside for awhile...his Mum even threatened to lock the door - but what if I wanna do a wee - your a boy, there is a tree over there in the corner. But M is allowed on longer - yea but she is in yr 8 high school, and does projects etc that she puts on her USB stick so the school can print them for her.

Crafty little bugga came back with - I can't wait I'm in high school, then I can say I am doing school work - SORRY kiddo doesn't work thataway. Nice try.

crafty little bugga eh?....takes after her gran i reckon... 

HIS Gran...lol Tick, but they all take after meeeee
frazz
Founder
Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ticky on Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:41 pm

frazz wrote:
dundee wrote:can we save our youth from the gaming addiction that many have at a young age ...???

and not getting any movement like the old days when there was no game's.........ride bike .....kick a ball with a few mates most parks i see now are empty ghostly like .........

our g/kids are allowed a certain time on puter for games etc (different for school projects)....11 yr old 'alphabet g/son' is a wizard on the puter and gets soooo engrossed that we have to say - OI mate get off and piss off outside for awhile...his Mum even threatened to lock the door - but what if I wanna do a wee - your a boy, there is a tree over there in the corner. But M is allowed on longer - yea but she is in yr 8 high school, and does projects etc that she puts on her USB stick so the school can print them for her.

Crafty little bugga came back with - I can't wait I'm in high school, then I can say I am doing school work - SORRY kiddo doesn't work thataway. Nice try.

crafty little bugga eh?....takes after her gran i reckon... 
Ticky
Founder
Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  frazz on Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:10 pm

frazz
Founder
Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ticky on Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:51 pm

Wilson wrote:
Ticky wrote:i agree...much better sittin in front of screens getting fat and cloggin up the arteries, messing up your eyesight and generally becoming a zombie..... 

It is funny a lot of people manage to do that and they get out and about every day  

i know....they walk among us maaaate...... 
Ticky
Founder
Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:43 pm

Ticky wrote:i agree...much better sittin in front of screens getting fat and cloggin up the arteries, messing up your eyesight and generally becoming a zombie..... 

It is funny a lot of people manage to do that and they get out and about every day  

Back to top Go down

Post  Ticky on Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:51 pm

i agree...much better sittin in front of screens getting fat and cloggin up the arteries, messing up your eyesight and generally becoming a zombie..... 
Ticky
Founder
Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:36 am

Whats up with a gaming way of life. Everyone doesn't have to run around the park getting skin cancers.

Back to top Go down

can we save our youth

Post  dundee on Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:49 am

can we save our youth from the gaming addiction that many have at a young age ...???

dundee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top