SLOW COOKER RECIPES

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: SLOW COOKER RECIPES

Post  hicc's on Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:53 pm

I will have to give that recipe to my girls Frazz... They use their slow cookers a fair bit...

The pull apart pizza is from my eldest's facebook page today
hicc's

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hicc's on Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:50 pm

I am so enjoying using the slow cooker as an oven – and today I adapted the Slow Cooker Cinnamon Scroll recipe to make a Slow Cooker Pizza Pull Apart – and it was AWESOME and so easy and cooked in just one and a half hours. Best of all it is egg free and yeast free. Here’s how!

Ingredients:

3 cups self raising flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
100 grams butter (room temperature)
1 1/4 cups milk
4 tablespoons of tomato sauce
1 cup grated tasty cheese
3/4 cup shredded ham
1/2 cup pineapple pieces
Preheat your slow cooker on high for 20 minutes and line with a sheet of baking paper on the bottom. Sift the self raising flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl. Add the butter and pinch with your finger tips until it is blended in and resembles breadcrumbs. Add the milk and use a butter knife to mix the dough together. Remove from the bowl and knead lightly to bring it together. Roll the dough out to a long rectangle shape.

Spread the tomato sauce over the rectangle (right to the ends) and top with the ham, pineapple and half the the cheese. Roll into a big scroll and cut into individual scrolls (I got about 8 scrolls). Arrange the scrolls on the bottom of the slowcooker as evenly as you can in one layer. Top with the remaining half a cup of cheese and place the lid on the slow cooker.

Cook on HIGH for one and a half hours. Remove carefully. If you want the top to be browned and crisp, place under the grill for a few minutes. Eat whilst hot!
hicc's

View user profile

Back to top Go down

SLOW COOKER RECIPES

Post  frazz on Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:46 pm

1KG of blade steak or any other el cheapo meat

pkt French Onion Soup

can of Coke

sear meat, place in slow cooker with soup mix and coke fot aroung 5 hrs.

have added a bit of onion and peas/beans.
frazz
Founder
Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top