HELP puleeze!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: HELP puleeze!!!!

Post  frazz on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:03 pm

daniel wrote:
Rumi wrote:That's what I was trying to say but you said it more eloquently lol

I gave you a green too. You must have upset someone awhile back as you are down to -2

Thanks , I am used to people that confuse me so I try to be clear when I explain something. Very Happy

thanx everyone for your help...it's all packed away with all the other stuff like manuals etc.
frazz
Founder
Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  daniel on Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:34 pm

Rumi wrote:That's what I was trying to say but you said it more eloquently lol

I gave you a green too. You must have upset someone awhile back as you are down to -2

Thanks , I am used to people that confuse me so I try to be clear when I explain something. Very Happy
daniel
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  peace on Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:42 pm

ditto all rumis post including the green- even I understood it!
peace
Founder
Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rumi on Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:58 pm

That's what I was trying to say but you said it more eloquently lol

Rumi
Founder
Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  daniel on Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:48 pm

frazz wrote:my puter was got from a reputable 'rent and own place'. I now own it and they sent be a package 'G41M-S' its something about installing a new 'mother board'. NO FERKING WAY AM I FIDDLING AROUND WITH THE INSIDES OF MY PUTER/TOWER'. WTF do I do with it?

Could always sit it in front of the monitor and say 'do whatever', but me thinks that won't work....LOL

As you now own the computer they will send you the disks and stuff they loaded it with in case it needs to be reloaded with the operating system.

When a computer is set up the operating system needs to be loaded. This could be Windows 7 or windows XP etc etc.

Then after that they load the drivers for your mother board (your specific computer). These drivers allow your computer to connect to networks like
the internet and use USB devices like keyboards and mouse etc etc blah blah. So the motherboard drivers enable your computer
to work with the operating system. Eg have sound and microphone and network etc.

In laymans terms. They have sent you the DVD's and software needed to set up your computer again and any software that
they loaded that came with it. If your computer stops working you take it and those DVD's to a computer guy to fix it ok. So lock them
away in a safe place.

Any plugs and stuff are just left over plugs not needed but they are there in case you need to plug into a different monitor or something.
Some people use VGA plus other people use DVI and HDMI as you can see your screen it is all working. There might be more sata
plugs etc etc. Nothing to worry about or install.

In essence file it all and take it own when your computer blows up down to the computer store.

daniel
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  peace on Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:16 am

loved your description of all the thingy's frazz-about how I would describe them too.
kat and steve are bound to stumble in here sometime- aprt from rumi- it's a bit like the blind leading the blind in here at present it seems!
like rumi says-I think it's all the stuff thats already been installed- while you rent; they keep- when you own; it's yours- enjoy!
peace
Founder
Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hicc's on Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:25 pm

Totally surprised when looking in the toy section.. Ipad covers for toddlers.. Ipad covers!!

Next they will be chucking 4 year olds the car keys...pfftt

hicc's

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ticky on Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:18 pm

yup....i always call the 12 year old know all little shit from over the road to sort my pc out
Ticky
Founder
Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hicc's on Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:14 pm

Most of it confuses me.. There would be 5 year olds who know more about computers than I do.. lol
hicc's

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ticky on Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:07 pm

now you have REALLY confused her....
Ticky
Founder
Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rumi on Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:56 pm

Ummmm Frazz? If you are typing on the same computer I reckon the motherboard is already in lol

Everytime you put hardware in a computer you get discs etc with the drivers on it in case you need it in future for reloading Windows etc.

Call them but I reckon it's the drivers and just store all the drivers for your computer together. You should have drivers for the motherboard, sound/graphics card etc etc etc.
Rumi
Founder
Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  frazz on Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:53 pm

Rumi wrote:What sort of package? It's probably just the drivers for your motherboard, but with so little information it's impossible to guess. Is it just a disc and info sheet/book?

As it's already installed I am guessing its just the drivers and specs which you will need if you ever have to reformat lol.

have a couple of discs and a DVD, plus thingos (all sealed in a plastic bag) with little socket thingos on the end and a heap of material like shyte. Oh and all the instruction manuels. On reading one manuel, it says I have to sorta pull apart my tower, and put this shyte in...WTF, me is doing what Feral suggested and am ringing the place on Monday.
frazz
Founder
Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rumi on Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:39 pm

What sort of package? It's probably just the drivers for your motherboard, but with so little information it's impossible to guess. Is it just a disc and info sheet/book?

As it's already installed I am guessing its just the drivers and specs which you will need if you ever have to reformat lol.
Rumi
Founder
Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  feral on Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:51 pm

Um wish I could help but I have no clue frazz, maybe ring the place on mon morning and get their advice.

Good luck. Dont wanna lose ya Wink
feral

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  frazz on Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:36 pm

Ticky wrote:
frazz wrote:my puter was got from a reputable 'rent and own place'. I now own it and they sent be a package 'G41M-S' its something about installing a new 'mother board'. NO FERKING WAY AM I FIDDLING AROUND WITH THE INSIDES OF MY PUTER/TOWER'. WTF do I do with it?

Could always sit it in front of the monitor and say 'do whatever', but me thinks that won't work....LOL

be vewy vewy careful fraz.....you may never be seen again......

well I'll be definately NOT touching anyfink...wouldn't want to disappear from Ticks life....hehehe
frazz
Founder
Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ticky on Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:32 pm

be vewy vewy careful fraz.....you may never be seen again......
Ticky
Founder
Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

HELP puleeze!!!!

Post  frazz on Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:26 pm

my puter was got from a reputable 'rent and own place'. I now own it and they sent be a package 'G41M-S' its something about installing a new 'mother board'. NO FERKING WAY AM I FIDDLING AROUND WITH THE INSIDES OF MY PUTER/TOWER'. WTF do I do with it?

frazz
Founder
Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum