Simple Solution for Illegal Boats

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Simple Solution for Illegal Boats

Post  David1 on Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:06 pm

The simple solution is the re-direction of calls for help to one of the five principal Naval Bases
of the Indonesian Navy when the illegal boat is still in Indonesian waters.

The Indonesian Government wants the Australian Navy to rescue the illegal boat people
because it does not have ships.

"In fact the Indonesian Navy is larger than the Australian navy! The Indonesian Navy has
11 destroyer / frigates, 66 patrol and coastal vessels and 9 armed helicopters."

David1

Back to top Go down

Re: Simple Solution for Illegal Boats

Post  Rumi on Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:15 pm

We shouldn't be taking distress calls from boats 50km off the Indonesian coast ... period!

Why are we?
Rumi
Founder
Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:13 pm

Rumi wrote:We shouldn't be taking distress calls from boats 50km off the Indonesian coast ... period!

Why are we?

Why are we?...Simple Rumi...if Australian vessels patrolling the area or passing through pick up distress calls they are obligated to respond under the Maritime laws.... Not rocket science!

Back to top Go down

Post  Rumi on Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:47 pm

Don't patronise me Inbound.

They are sending distress signals as soon as they push off land and while they are in Indonesian waters. Our ships aren't necessarily "passing through" Indonesian waters.

As has been said, our navy is being used as an NRMA service.

Is that rocket science?
Rolling Eyes
Rumi
Founder
Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:48 am

Rumi wrote:Don't patronise me Inbound.

They are sending distress signals as soon as they push off land and while they are in Indonesian waters. Our ships aren't necessarily "passing through" Indonesian waters.

As has been said, our navy is being used as an NRMA service.

Is that rocket science?
Rolling Eyes

Any distress signal picked up by a Navy vessel must be responded to...what part of that do you not understand. When they reach the area they should simply tow the vessel to within five miles of the Indonesian coast...radio the Indonesian Navy and let the vessel go.Our ships don't necessarily need to be passing through Indonesian waters that area is patrolled routinely by our navy and frequently......a distress signal is a distress signal.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:56 am

Sorry Rumi but nowhere there did I consent to do something less dignified or fitting than is usual nor did I ask you too which is what patronize means. So damned if I know what you are talking about. I simply answered your question...a question I thought, given your legal background, you would be conversant with...Sydney being an ocean port. Obviously not.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top