TRIED WINDOWS 8 YET?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: TRIED WINDOWS 8 YET?

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:38 am

honky_nut wrote:
inbound39 wrote:Thought so Kat...did up a 1927 Norton...repainted and pinstriped the tank and copied the original Norton logo...did it for a mate of mine who died from chalk on the heart...addict....he got so weak he couldn't kick it over and felt absolutely humiliated when he had to buy a japanese auto start motorbike to get around on.

funny how ducatis like mine have a start button? so he had a choice??

What is your problem Honky? Do you need to troll...do you need to emphasise your ability to be obnoxious all the time....have you whinged enough today...four derogatory comments aimed at me today in an attempt to denigrate me. You even opened a thread to do so on the Guest Lounge...cut it out mate...it's not funny or smart....just ridiculous. You always have an answer to everything...yeah he had a choice...He could not buy a large bike...too weak...How heavy is a 1927 Norton....250 Jappa was all he could afford...not working, having spent his money doing up the Norton, kept it to be sold on his death to pay for his funeral and leave some money for his kids!!!!!!!........pffffffft

Back to top Go down

Post  honky_nut on Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:52 am

inbound39 wrote:Thought so Kat...did up a 1927 Norton...repainted and pinstriped the tank and copied the original Norton logo...did it for a mate of mine who died from chalk on the heart...addict....he got so weak he couldn't kick it over and felt absolutely humiliated when he had to buy a japanese auto start motorbike to get around on.

funny how ducatis like mine have a start button? so he had a choice??
honky_nut
Founder
Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:53 pm

Thought so Kat...did up a 1927 Norton...repainted and pinstriped the tank and copied the original Norton logo...did it for a mate of mine who died from chalk on the heart...addict....he got so weak he couldn't kick it over and felt absolutely humiliated when he had to buy a japanese auto start motorbike to get around on.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat on Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:20 pm

inbound39 wrote:Nice old AJS...circa 1927?

Bang-on!
Kat
Founder
Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  honky_nut on Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:46 pm

pity it isn't a porcupine!
honky_nut
Founder
Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:38 pm

Nice old AJS...circa 1927?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:40 pm

Nice

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat on Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:38 pm

The last screenie was taken of Win 8 running on the laptop in VirtualBox.
This one's a standalone install on the old desktop.
Note once again, Win 8 has no Start Menu, the one shown is a workaround.

Kat
Founder
Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:17 am

You're welcome Kat..as is anyone who wants one or would like a change......there are a few I won't do work for but I am sure they know who they are....I'll happily do avatars for people too.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat on Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:16 pm

Here's a screenie.....the Start menu has GONE altogether, but can be enabled (sort-of) as you can see

I've enabled the Quick-launch toolbar as well.

Thanks again to Inbound for the wallpaper....:-)

Kat
Founder
Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat on Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:05 pm

Just installed the beta, it is much improved.

And MUCH more stable and functional.
Kat
Founder
Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:53 am

WindowsX puts out darn good transformation packs that transform XP and Vista to Windows 7.....I had a tech do work on my computer and he asked me what I thought of Windows 7.....he fell over when I told him it wasn't and that it was simply an emulation. WindowsX puts a lot of detail into his work....more than most and it changes the whole system files and explorer base. Pretty darn safe if you have basic computer skills and follow his instructions.....after you can change back just by uninstalling. No doubt he'll do a Windows 8.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:47 am

I lost interest when they bought Vista out and Windows 7 is similar in that a lot of the expensive apps I paid good money for did not work on Vista or WINDOWS 7. I run a kinda hybrid system with Windows 7 looks on an XP Base so I get the eye candy of Windows 7 and the functionality of XP for all my design apps. Best part was I didn't have to throw out a perfectly good computer to upgrade.

From what I see though M/soft is pushing people to use the "CLOUD" which means more money for them and big business because they can start charging for everything.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:46 pm

Kat wrote:Anyone tried the Developers Preview yet?

Not bad, looks too much like a phone OS, but Win 7 is lurking there underneath the new skin.

Albeit with a few new features.

Oh, and the new Start Menu sux.

No I haven't looked yet. I only go up an operating system when the Gaming community demands it.
Having said that Battlefield 3 demands Windows 7 now so I have just moved up to that. I might look
at a youtube to see the interface, has much changed ?

Back to top Go down

TRIED WINDOWS 8 YET?

Post  Kat on Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:13 pm

Anyone tried the Developers Preview yet?

Not bad, looks too much like a phone OS, but Win 7 is lurking there underneath the new skin.

Albeit with a few new features.

Oh, and the new Start Menu sux.
Kat
Founder
Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top